Sunday, July 31, 2011

Over the Top

I can't get enough caramelized onions into my diet lately, so I just made what now ranks as my favorite appetizer or side dish- Ciabatta Garlic Bread with Parmesan and Caramelized Onions. I simply added caramelized onions to my cheesy garlic bread recipe and the result is simply over the top- salty, sweet, cheesy and downright decadent.


Ciabatta Garlic Bread with Parmesan and Caramelized Onions


Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Take one loaf of ciabatta bread and slice it horizontally almost all the way through, then open it like a book. Slather one side of the loaf with 2T softened butter and top with cooled caramelized onions. On the other side of the bread place semi-cooked garlic and olive oil (see original recipe) and top with 3T shredded Parmesan cheese.



Close bread and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil from top of bread and bake another 8 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving. Simply delicious!


No comments: