Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pigs in Egg Roll Blankets New York Style-The Final Chapter of the Egg Roll Saga

I had to give the New York Sauerkraut combo a try. It turned out great and came together as quick as a New York minute. First I made some Russian dressing with ketchup, mayo, sour cream, relish and a little lemon juice.


Then I drained some saurerkraut in a coffee filter. The drier the kraut the better.


I cut my oversized hot dog in half, sliced up my Swiss cheese, prepared my egg wash (1 egg with a splash of water) and got ready to roll. The entire egg roll housed 1/2 hot dog, a T of Russian dressing, 1 slice of Alpine Lace Swiss cheese sliced, and as much sauerkraut as I could fit in. Tip- Less sauerkraut is better than more. (I figured that out pretty quickly).


Wrap up egg roll style, spread with egg wash and dust with bread crumbs, you know the drill by now. Saute on medium heat in canola oil about 6 minutes, making sure all sides get browned. And Voilla! Your egg rolls are done. I served mine with an extra dollop of Russian dressing. Very yummy, and fool proof. Let me know if you try them!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Linda, my hubby loves Russian dressing. This looks as delish as Chapter 1 of Egg Roll-Ups :)

Linda said...

Melissa, I was thinking there have been too many chapters. I promised myself- NO MORE! but did have a thought, maybe you'll play with the idea- an egg roll reuben with corned beef and sauerkraut with additional caraway seeds and the Russian dressing. Thanks for reading doll, you're the best!