Friday, March 22, 2013

Potstickers


I had a fabulous dinner tonight, potstickers that I made on my own stove top. It all started a few weeks ago with a walk down the frozen food aisle in my grocery store. I came across a product I hadn't seen before, Tai Pei Chicken Potstickers. I have no idea what made me throw a bag of frozen dumplings into my cart because I rarely ever buy pre-made food. But I did, and am I ever happy I was possessed during that shopping spree. Look for this package and grab one, you won't believe how good they are.


They only take 8 minutes to cook. And they come with their own dipping sauce (which of course I doctored up). I took 6 dumplings out of the bag and placed them in a saucepan, added 2 T canola oil and 2/3 cups hot water.


They don't look very appetizing at first, but just wait. Cover your saucepan and cook on medium/medium low until liquid evaporates and undersides are golden brown (about 7-8 minutes). The directions on the package instruct you to cook on medium high, but that never would have worked with my energetic stove. Serve with the enclosed packaged sauce (it's basically just soy and vinegar) but if you want a bit more heat add a tsp of sriracha, a few scallions or cilantro and grated ginger. Soooo satisfying and simple.


 I was talking to a friend about these dumplings a few minutes ago and he knew about them and said I've been living under a rock for too long. He also informed me that Tai Pei makes egg rolls as well. I've got to get with it, so I'll be looking for egg rolls tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Linda those look scrumptious. and so quick and easy...thanks for the recommendation. :)