Monday, June 18, 2012

Sinfully Good


I recently came across a recipe for a super yummy cake on my go-to-recipe site- Just a Pinch. I love that it's made with no oil or butter, plus you don't have to take out your electric mixer. You just mix it with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula and 35 minutes later you've got a sinfully delicious cake. The recipe goes by the name of Preacher's Cake, but some know it as Mexican Wedding Cake. I decided to give it a shot, and agree that it's so sinfully good, you might want to call the preacher right away. I've altered the recipe a bit by using Splenda and cutting back on the actual amount of sugar, but it's still super sweet and very quick and easy.

Preacher's Cake
made in a 9" x 13" pan

1 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener (1 cup of sugar will work fine)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups AP flour
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup nuts (I omitted these since there were none in my freezer)
1 can  20 oz crushed pineapple (and the liquid)
Confectioner's sugar for dusting

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare baking pan with cooking spray and set aside
In large bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk with a fork
Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand
Pour into paking pan and bake 35 minutes
Let cool and dust with confectioner's sugar

No comments: