Saturday, August 10, 2013

Focaccia Bread with a Three Cheese Filling


My local market has the most delicious artisan breads and I rarely buy them because I'm either dieting or watching my wallet. But today I just flipped when I saw this work of art- a tomato rosemary focaccia bread that jumped into my cart before I knew what happened. Focaccia bread is great with any meal, but I decided to make it my entire meal. Those lazy, hazy days of summer are here, and I do admit I get lazy. So I cut this little lovely in half and slathered it with 1/3 cup ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan and a handful of shredded mozzarella.


Put the top back on...


Wrapped it in aluminum foil and baked it for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Here's the result, minus two pieces.


Ooey, gooey, cheesey and just what this lazy, hazy gal wanted for dinner.


 


That was the first slice. The second one just disappeared. This was simply delicious and there's enough left over for breakfast and/or lunch. If I weren't being such a slug, I would have sauteed some sausage and added that to the cheese mixture. And that could still happen because I have some sweet Italian sausages defrosting in my fridge. Thanks to all the artisan bakers out there, you are much appreciated!

5 comments:

Devine Salvage said...

That looks so fabulous. I am sure I could make with the Artisan bread recipe I have. I love Italian food so much. I was talking to my honey earlier before he went to work and explaining why I love it so much.

My BFF from the time I was little was Italian and came from a big Italian family. Mrs Donofro, her Mother, would have trays of food all over the place and I always ate with them. She was amazing in the kitchen. So basically I'm half Italian and half Southern. lol

Linda said...

And I too am so in love with everything Italian Cynthia. This recipe was so simple because I didn't even make the bread, it just appeared in my cart. How easy was that?

Unknown said...

When I find some of this bread I am making this thanks Linda

Melissa said...

Linda, this is such a great "shortcut" bread recipe and it looks spectacular! Great post ☺

Linda said...

Thanks for your comment Melissa. When I first saw the round loaf, all I could think of was making a giant burger to go inside. I'm glad I talked myself out of that one, but it was a nice fantasy!