Friday, December 28, 2012

Melissa's French Eggs


On Friday night I never plan an elaborate dinner. It's the end of the work week and I just like to let the chips fall and see what's leftover in the fridge or throw a quick sandwich together. So wasn't I delighted to read Melissa's blog post today for the simplest and most heavenly baked egg dish ever. She makes her eggs in a muffin pan. I still don't have one so used my new square "whatchmacallit" pan and the dish was great. I added spinach because I had some, and was very happy with the results. If you're looking for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner, here it is.

Baked Eggs
Makes 2 servings

4 large eggs
1/4-1/3 cup fresh baby spinach
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Pre heat oven to 425 degrees and mist muffin pan with cooking spray. Melissa uses butter flavored spray, but I didn't have any so just used the regular canola. Add spinach to 4 of the cups.


Now crack an egg into each cup and sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Top with parmesan cheese (or any cheese that you like with eggs). These are looking great already.


Bake for 9 minutes and serve on toast. I enjoyed mine on a slice of Arnold Sandwich Thins. Yummy delish! I could have eaten all 4 eggs but contained myself. I'm saving the other two for sometime over the weekend. Then I will nuke them for a minute, and enjoy the meal all over again.


Thanks Melissa, another fabulous recipe that tastes as good as it looks. You rock, fellow blogger!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Linda, I am deeply touched that you featured this on your blog. Beautiful pictures, and I love the addition of spinach! Thank you so much!!! ~ Melissa

Linda said...

My pleasure Melissa. Your recipes are as fabulous as your enthusiasm for cooking.